Minions

Monday, April 25, 2011

Game Review – Psychonaughts



Because I have a general lack of time on my hands, I will write a game review for another amazing Indie title and without doubt one of the best games I have ever played. I am talking of course, about Psychonaughts!
 
Psychonaughts Trailer
  
The game is a 3rd person action/jump and run / puzzle game in which you play Raz. Raz, or Rasputin is a young boy gifted with psychic abilities who runs away from the circus to try to sneak into a summer camp children with similar abilities. Throughout the game you train your Psychic abilities, and enter other people’s minds to solve puzzles, mysteries an literally sort their psychic luggage. Other than that it like most summer camps, you play by the lake, kill psychic bears, mentally set squirrels on fire, and foil an evil plan to destroy the world.

Psychonaughts, the product of Tim Schafers brilliant mind and developed by Double Fine Productions had amazing ratings, but still turned out to be quiet a financial flop... never even making it into the charts, and almost bankrupting the publisher Majesco.

If you look past the outdated graphics, and are a fan of brilliant game play, hilarious dialogue, and hours of old fashioned fun, I recoment the game with all my heart.
The demo is free (!) and if you enjoy the game, why not support the developers.

Jacob

17 comments:

  1. looks fun, i might try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks sweet, cant wait to give it a go ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dialogue in the game is funny LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this game a long time ago for the PS2, sadly that meant it was ported from PC to Xbox to PS2, so it was a lot buggier and much less responsive. It was funny and had some interesting gameplay and I did enjoy it, I just dont think I could go back to it as it was so hard to play on the PS2. Good review by the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. Might have to give it a closer look later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never played this myself, but always amusing to watch the varying reactions of players to this title alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww yeahhhh, who doesnt love this game. My favorite part was climbing around the fish city like a giant. :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always hear nothing but good things about this game, but i've never tried it myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard good things about this game elsewhere too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting, will consider checking it out

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks cool, maybe i'll check it out
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've bought it some time ago on GoG.com for few dollars. The game is cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had never heard of it before today but may give the demo a go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't heard about this game in a while. The concept always interested me, but never played it..

    ReplyDelete