Minions

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sony PlayStation Network Hacked



As you know, recently the Sony PlayStation Network was Hacked. The result, more than 70 million customer profiles were stolen with personal information about names, addresses, birth dates and potentially also credit card information. I personally don’t have a Playstation 3, but generally I like limiting what personal data I give out.
How do you guys feel about this? Do you think its unnecessary for corporations to  have this information, or do you comfortable to give out personal information, knowing that the risk is always there that it might get stolen/ misused.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8478764.stm

18 comments:

  1. pretty funny ,coming from a free service, it would get hacked.

    Oh well, good ting i just play pc and some xbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. it wasn't a hack, it was just an "external intrusion", ahem. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... no ps3 :) but i wouldn't use my ps3 for things where i need to fill in my personal information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank god i dont have an account, friends of mine are all getting crazy that there info will be leaked or abused

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty bad. All people want to do is play games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing I don't have own a ps3! I feel sorry for the people that got their info stolen! Sony needs to do something fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah heard about this, awful . cant believe they would let this happen. but then again.. i dont have a playstation 3 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucks for me, I've had my credit card stored for easy purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sucks for PSN users, hope it's fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreeing with S-Kid. Good ol' XBLA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very disappointing. I hope they bring it back up soon and I hope my data hasn't been compromised.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's only a matter of time until this gets to xbox too, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm actually really happy this happened. I hate Sony as a company, their just horrible. Good post!

    ReplyDelete