Minions

Thursday, May 5, 2011

All in 3 days work.. Quo Vadis finally Over


Ist finally over… The Quo Vadis is finished and all the people who make a living from, and with games all crawled back into the holes they came from. After 3 days of lectures, recruitment and parties my body and mind is also in dire need of rest.

The most important piece of information I gained this year is probably that the Unity engine is awesome! It’s free to use, has millions of recourses and has a helpful and supportive community. Especially, if you´re starting a project with a small team and budget, or working on a student project this is defiantly the way to go. 



The most fun I had was defiantly sneaking into the VIP area… The decadence of the successful game designers blew my mind. I heard that at the last GDC, Bigpoint hired all of the Miss World candidates, to stand around and just look nice. What can I say, Game design is the new Rock´n´Roll!
Also, I’m getting the chance to produce a game for the windows phone 7 with a small elite team of amazing artists. (I’ll be lead developer) to which im really looking forward to! Ill post concept art and prototypes if the lead producer lets me.

J

15 comments:

  1. I'd love to be recruiter of Bigpoint.
    Will your game be available for android too? It could reach more people if its multiplatform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Unity when I was working for a Game Company. I highly support it, it is a wonderful game engine. And with women at GDC its usually bittersweet, eye candy sure, but they just pass out ads and crap to carry so its best to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounded like you had a great learning experience! Btw congrats on getting a chance to produce a windows 7 game :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time, tell us more about your project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sounds like you've got a really good project team

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll check out Unity.

    I would enjoy reading more about your efforts as lead developer.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a developer, but I didn't realize there was a free engine available

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cat is so hungover he is sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @t Wintermute;
    Yea, you walk out thinking: "wait, why do I own 3 smartphones noew?"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look forward to your next project man ;D

    ReplyDelete