Minions

Monday, May 30, 2011

Concept artwork: The Witcher 2






Everyone in the game design knows the importance of concept art, and how it visualizes the mood for the game and is vital for creating a convincing setting. I just browsed through the concept artwork of the Witched 2 and am honestly impressed. The level of detail and though put into the concepts is amazing(!). The levels, rooms and all objects are graphically well designed, but also logically functional. It shows that the concept artist has a solid knowledge of physics and engineering, of history, and has a brilliant and creative mind!

Check out all the artwork here.

25 comments:

  1. Wow, great artwork. I like the black and white sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very nice work. I couldn't finish the first Witcher, got stuck running around not knowing what to do about midway through the game. No fast travel either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And most of the time this work goes unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Witcher 2 should win an award. The amount of detail put into that game is mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. concept art is appreciated, fine attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the concept art is stunning. I love the name of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always love video game concept art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a very beautiful game, hoping to play it sometime soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. This game has an amazing feel to it, the design is awesome ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad the guys got the chance to improve on the witcher.. this game is going to be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always amazed when I see something like this. It always blows me away to see the effort and detail that goes into designing the atmosphere of some of my favourite games

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great. I love a game with good art.

    ReplyDelete