Minions

Friday, May 20, 2011

PSN Crackers starting to use stolen Data!



Recently the Playstation Network was hacked. You know this, mainly from reading my blog (:D) but it was also in the news.
Anyhow, I looks like the data was sold on, or is being used by the hackers to systematically trick people into giving their money to the hackers. A fellow Blogger, “Thirteen Cats” just posted that he got a fishy e-mail asking for his Bank information, because oviously he had to pay a ‘tax refund’.

Check out his post, its quit entertaining the way he dealt with the hackers^^.

But seriously girls and guys; Don’t fall for these tricks, Don’t give away personal or Bank information, and ask a professional before  submitting any data in the internet (or else ware).
I know that in Germany we have the Verbrauchershutz (state consumer protection) and a devision in the police that can be contacted in case of e-mails like this. Check if you have something like thios in your country, or city. Better off safe, than dirt poor!

Stay safe,
jake

17 comments:

  1. My mom got a $500 charge on her card she used for netflix like a week ago, the company refunded her though
    i guess it was from the PSN thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Gotta be careful when it comes to identity theft. They can also record your voice as they coax you to say certain key words like "Yes" or "No." Better to just say things like "I don't know" or "I don't think so."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bastards, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends fell into one of these tricks, people have to be more careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy shit.. that's bad, cmon PSN fix it you can do it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously not much can be done now. Except, of course, tracking these hackers down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, makes me glad i never got a playstation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sad, PSN will have a very hard time trying to get all the confidence back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha (and that's all i have to say)

    ReplyDelete
  10. luckily all i had was my old expired cc info on there

    ReplyDelete
  11. just read it, that's pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog, really like it, will read more of your posts.

    Interested in phones and technology ? Visit my site:
    www.PhonesLand.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad I was always a 360 man :D

    Also to answer the question you asked on my blog, Percy Jackson is enjoyable if you like greek mythology, the movie wouldn't be so bad, had I not read the books. Your call, it was watchable, but not exactly good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh better safe than sony :D haha that was someones post on this subject, cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete