Minions

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Unity3d the future of making free games


Unity3d Demo Reel


Hello, 
In my last post i touched on the topic of Unity 3d. Many of you have probably heard the name before, if you have any connection to game development. For those of you who haven’t, and are planning to work in the industry, take a look now. It free!

So like I said, the basic version of Unity3d is free. Free to use, and even produce games and Sell them (!). This goes almost unparalleled in the industry, tool sort this caliber usually cost a fortune.. just take a look at UDK or the Cry Engine. Furthermore, the engine is simple to use and many thing are self explanatory, even if you don’t come from a programming background. Most objects, such as textures and models can just be dragged into the game, no imports needed! and another; The Community is amazing. If you have a question and write it into the unity forums, you´ll usually have an answered within half an hour! Its fun, making games is a great way to be creative and to share you creativity with others!



So, if you feel like making a game (2d or 3d), go check out the Unity3d engine!

20 comments:

  1. I have absolutely no idea where to make a start with creating a game. Going to check out the link anyway. Maybe I'll learn something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that talented my friend but it is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool engine, would like to get the hang of this ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks pretty cool, might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, I bet it's a lot more complicated than it looks. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice I kind of stayed away from Unity because the cost didn't justify the learning curve for me, but now it's just a matter of time. I may try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first game reminds me of Contra but crazier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only I had ideas about what to make a game of. This seems to be pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kongregate recently held a contest to promote Unity, people had a few months to produce a game, the grand winner got a large cash prize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If i had the slightest bit of knowledge in this area i would do it, but i don't :x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of this, however didn't have time to look throughly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats cool. Ill just watch you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've started playing with it a little bit. pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like it requires alot of patience

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recognize that logo, wasn't Trine made on this engine?

    ReplyDelete