Minions

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Game Critiques

Games, being an art form, are also subject to critiques, reviews and awards. The awards range from tiny and unimportant to grand prizes(usually coupled with great monetary benefits).  Since the start of the rather short  gaming history, the number of critics and quality testers has been continually on the rise and currently there are hundreds of people worldwide testing game as a job.

My favorite critic is Ben Croshaw, or "Yahtzee" and a handful of you guys have probably already seen one of his rants/reviews. I enjoy the way he analyses the games smallest details and then, with brilliant wit and humor, tears them apart :D… No, but seriously; He has a good eye for games and his criticism, although harsh, indicates where the game fell short.

Here is one of his newer reviews on mine craft:

20 comments:

  1. never heard of the guy, pretty accurate rundown of minecraft though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha first time hearing about this guy, gotta love his humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this guy's videos. He's gotten a lot better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this guy before. Now I'm a huge fan. Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i sometimes have to watch his reviews twice because he speaks with zero punctuation....

    ReplyDelete
  6. dont usually watch this stuff, pretty entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  7. Games are a great art form. Puts the interactive into art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed that plenty.

    Going to Glasgow to purchase heroin got a very hearty laugh from me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard of him and watched a review or two. He was very good

    ReplyDelete
  10. When it comes to gaming I just play whatever game is fun/cute. Mario FTW. :D

    And no, I haven't tried working digitally.
    I don't know how. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen any of this guy's videos before. Interesting review.

    ReplyDelete