Minions

Thursday, June 2, 2011

On Travels Again..


I´v lived in Germany for almost 4 years now.. and I havn´t been around that much. But (like oh so many things in my life that im planning to change) I think ill be doing a lot more short trips around Germany/maybe Europe in the future. 

So over the next few days I´m going to to Bonn. Know nothing about it exept for these two things;

- Bonn was the capital of Germany from 1949-1990.
- Bonn is also the birthplace of the composer Ludwig van Beethoven.
- And I´m looking forward to it, gonna tell you guys all about it once I get back :D

jake

11 comments:

  1. Bonn voyage!

    see what i did there? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I heard there was a good music scene in Bonn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to Germany. Looks freakin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm, wonder why the capital changed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could travel around the world :o

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to travel the world too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @t Wintermute:

    After WWII Germany was devided into East and West Germany. The former capital, Berlin, lay deep in the east and although a part of Berlin belonged to West Germany it was surrounded by soviet Germany.

    This of couse is a risky position to have a capitol^^ So the Western Allies decided to name Bonn the Capital of West Germany.

    After the Wall Collapsed, and Germany was reunited, Berlin was once again declared the capital of the whole of Germany.

    ReplyDelete