Minions

Monday, July 18, 2011

Character Analysis:Link



Hey my favorite I-net People!

 The importance of a rememberable protagonist in a game franchise is of utmost importance. Hero´s that function in the virtual worlds, prove successful allowing the producers and game designers to create a sequel. There are countless examples of this, be it Mario, Link, the Master Chief or Guybrush Threepwood… The online Game design magazine Gamesutra recently published an article on Link, and why he is such a successful protagonist.

Link's continual cluelessness is understated, even when used to comedic effect. And it's not that naivete is necessarily a trait of his. In fact, he has few discernible qualities except the persistence and bravery he gains from being controlled by a player who persists. An unfazed and wide-eyed openness is simply the character's default expression.

Full article here

hope you enjoy the read!

8 comments:

  1. Link's lack of personality is actually the reason I don't like him that much. If I am to be told a story I want believable characters. But that's a matter of preference I guess. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so the only good video game characters are the mute ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great read, i like mute characters if they're the ones you control, it bonds you a little more to the game rather than hearing a foreign voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link, checking it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi to all, it's genuinely a nice for me to pay a quick visit this site, it consists of helpful Information.

    my blog post - http://wikiwanna.com/index.php/User:PriscilStoker

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pay a quick visit each day some sites and information sites to read articles or reviews, however this blog presents
    feature based articles.

    Here is my web page :: website promotion

    ReplyDelete
  7. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different
    website and thought I may as well check things out. I
    like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking at
    your web page for a second time.

    Also visit my website ... telecharger fifa 15 gratuitement

    ReplyDelete